Peerless Grade 80 Chain
Product No. 5058051-1
Grade 80 Chain
The Grade 80 chain is the theatrical rigging alloy chain, also known as deck chain. The alloy properties improve the wear and tear that the chain will experience. Its strength makes it safe for overhead lifting and lifting slings.
Peerless Grade 80 Chain is excellent for theatrical rigging applications where adjustability is required. It comes in 6 lengths from 1' to 6'.
Grade 80 Chain vs Grade 70 Chain
Grade 80 chain is a heat-treated alloy steel chain whereas grade 70 one is a ''transport chain'' manufactured in heat-treated carbon steel (No alloying elements added to the steel). As the name suggests, grade 70 one is used as tie downs on over-the-road trailers so it’s also known as truckers chain. Unlike Grade 80, it can never be used for overhead lifting.
- Heat treated with each link proof tested to ensure weld & material integrity
- PTC8 hallmark & traceability code every 5 links & USA on the back of each link. Refer to the diagram.
- Recommended for overhead lifting by NACM, ASME, OSHA
- Made in the USA
- Standard: Manufactured and tested in accordance with ASTM A391*
- Wire diameter: 0.53''
- Inside link length: 3.74''
- Inside link width: 0.92''
- Length: 1' - 6'
- Material: Grade 80 alloy material
- Finish: Black TRAC™ finish
- WLL: 12,000lbs / 5,443kg
* Standard Specifications for Grade 80 Alloy Steel Chain
This chain is super legit. Turned out to be too hardcore for our use. We were looking for smaller chain in general. It was a little hard to tell scale in a picture. But product is incredible in quality and strength. Just pay more attention to the specs than we did. So you don??t get more than you need. Ha!
Used to hang out line array and works great.