Camlok TPM Permanent Load Lifting Magnet 100kg - 3000kg
Product No. TPM 0.1
Camlok TPM Permanent Load Lifting Magnet
TPM permanent lifting magnets are ideal tools for easy, quick and economical transport of heavy objects made from a ferromagnetic material. Typical operating areas are workshops and warehouses, loading and unloading of machines as well as the construction of jigs and fixtures.
Factors that reduce the magnetic clamping force:
- Air gap: High magnetic forces created by the TPM allow the magnet to clamp components through the air gap, however, air gaps will reduce the magnetic performance as they provide a barrier between the contact surfaces. Air gaps occur in a number of different ways such as paint, dust and heavy mill scale. Poorly machined surfaces also constitute an air gap. Please down rate the magnet capacity in accordance with the adhesive force/air gap diagram below.
- Material thickness: If the TPM is used to lift plates thinner than the recommended minimum thickness, the clamping forces will be significantly reduced. Performance curves can be identified in conjunction with the adhesive force/flat thickness diagram below:
- Contact area: Full lifting capacity can only be achieved when the magnet has a full contact area with the component being lifted. If the contact surface has holes in or is uneven then the performance will be affected accordingly. Always carry out a trial lift in these circumstances to establish correct lifting before transporting the load.
- Material type: Certain materials have different abilities to carry magnetism. For materials other than mild steel a reduction factor must be applied in order to calculate the effective clamping force.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.