Retractable Fall Arrester- 17mm Webbing (6m L)
Product No. FA2-remus-06
Retractable Webbing Fall Arrester - Remus
The retractable fall arrester REMUS is equipped with a 17mm webbing kept in tension. Acting as a connecting device between a full-body harness and an anchorage in a fall arrest system, it follows the movements of a user.
Users don’t have to adjust the length of their connection. The fall arrester unrolls as they go further away, and retracts as they go back. It blocks and stops automatically when the user falls.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Swivel Hook with a built-in fall indicator: The swivel prevents twisting and untwisting of the lifeline as a result of the user turning repeatedly during the work.
- Length of the webbing: 6m
- Width of the webbing: 17mm
- Material: Polyester Kevlar Webbing
- Weight: 220g
- Connector opening: 24mm
- Standard: All FA2 retractors conform to EN 360:2002 -PPE against falls from a height -retractable type fall arresters
FAQ about Fall Arrest
WHAT IS A RETRACTABLE FALL ARRESTER?
In the event of a fall, the webbing stored on a reel within a protective housing of a fall arrester is rapidly pulled out of the housing. The braking mechanism is then engaged and arrests the fall, protecting you from falling to the ground when working at height.
The device is usually used for these professions: works on a facade, on the terrace, on scaffolding, on an aerial lift, and maintenance.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A RETRACTABLE FALL ARRESTER?
The retractable fall arresters are ideal for work of low-rise because the braking mechanism is almost instantaneous, reducing the required fall distance clearance. Take an example of a 6-foot tall worker, only 12.5 feet of fall distance clearance is required when using a retractable fall arrester while 17.5 feet is required when using a 6-foot lanyard.
Also, it brings great freedom of movement. Many fall protection professionals therefore tend to recommend retractable fall arresters over lanyards.
WHAT IS A FALL ARREST SYSTEM?
Fall arrest is the form of fall protection that involves the safe stopping of a person already falling. According to OSHA,
A fall arrest system does not prevent a fall, but instead, it is designed to catch the worker with minimal injury. The components of a fall arrest system are as follows:
- Connecting means (e.g., snap hooks)
- Shock-absorbing lanyard, self-retracting lanyards, and lifelines
- Full body harness
- Anchor point (e.g., fixed railing, ship's mast) capable of supporting at least 5,000 lbs. per worker.
Fall Restraint vs Fall Arrest
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.