Doughty M12 Eye Bolts
*IMPORTANT NOTE* - All Doughty products are shipped from the UK. We will cover all customs charges on your delivery in advance so no extra payment is needed from you. We require a minimum order value of €50 for all Doughty products.
If you order less than €50 worth of Doughty products, your order will be cancelled and refunded.
Customers Also Bought
Doughty Key Clamp - Long TeeRegular price €16.31 EURUnit price per
Doughty Baby Arms & HeadersRegular price From €50.48 EURUnit price per
Doughty Double Grip-HeadRegular price €50.04 EURUnit price per
Doughty Boom Arms (Aluminium)Regular price From €66.17 EURUnit price per
Doughty Standard Barrel TrolleyRegular price €149.89 EURUnit price per
Doughty PolyholdersRegular price From €76.70 EURUnit price per
M12 Eye Bolts
What is an Eye Bolt?
An eye bolt, consisting of a threaded shank/rod with a ring at one end, is one of the most commonly used gear in material handling and lifting industry.
The threaded shank can be securely screwed into a structure. Once the bolt is secured in place, ropes or cables can be anchored to or fed through the protruding ring.
Different types of Eye Bolts:
Many eye bolt types on the market for different uses. Generally speaking, heavy-duty eyebolts can be used in rigging for lifting heavy loads, whereas smaller eyebolts for tensioning wires, securing loads and in other non-load bearing applications. There are 2 common types widely used- Collar eye bolts and dynamo eye bolts - and are covered by the British Stanard 4278.
- Dynamo Eye Bolts: It is relatively low cost with larger ring diameter, for axial lifting (not for an angled lift) only. Usually, it can be used only a few times during the lifetime of the equipment they were screwed into.
- Collar Eye Bolts: With a large collar between the eye and the screw thread, it can be used for both axial and non-axial lifting. SWL has to be reduced by the appropriate factor for non-axial lifting. For the SWL reduction, please refer to the BS 4278:1984 attached below. When the collar is screwed firmly down onto a machined face, it can support the eye and prevent any bending of the screw thread. The smaller ring diameter also minimizes the leverage.
Eye bolt sizes:
On MTN Shop, you can find M6, M8, M10 and M12 Eye Bolts. Doughty eye bolts are a Steel Eye with male thread and zinc plated finish. Multiple options are available. For eye bolt inspection, material details, care & maintenance etc, please refer to the British Standard 4278:1984 below or contact us via Chat.
- Material: Hardened and Tempered
- Eye Bolt size: M12
- SWL: 340 kg complied to DIN580; 400kg complied to BS 4278
- Dimension: Please refer to the datasheet above
- Recommended WLL for Angled lifting: Please refer to the datasheet above