Lodestar Hoist Part - Upper Hook (Latchlok Type) - Small Frame B, C & F
Product No. 28643
Lodestar Hoist Part - Upper Hook (Latchlok Type)
This is a Latchlok type hook for Classic and Next-Gen Lodestar Small Frame Hoists (Model B, C & F). This part includes only the hook, for Next-Gen series hoists, the complete Upper Suspension assembly is available with a Latchlok hook, part number 2796NH for a Swivel Hook Suspension or 2790NH for a Rigid Suspension.
For Classic hoists, you must purchase the additional parts of the assembly separately. If you require a complete assembly for a Classic hoist, you will also need the following parts:
- Suspension Adapter Screws (Part #: 27529)
- Suspension Adapter (Part #: 27703B)
- Upper Hook Washer (Part #: 27786)
- Upper Hook Collar/Nut (Part #: 27350)
Hook Remove Criteria
Based on 830-10, Hooks shall be removed from service if damage such as the following is visible and shall only be returned to service when approved by a qualified person:
- Missing or illegible rated load identification or illegible hook manufacturers' identification or secondary manufacturer's identification.
- Excessive pitting, corrosion, cracks, nicks, or gouges.
- Wear: Any wear exceeding 10% of the original section dimension of the hook or its load pin.
- Deformation: Any visibly apparent bend or twist from the plane of the unbent hook.
- Throat opening: Any distortion causing an increase in the throat opening of 5% not to exceed W' (6mm).
- Inability to lock: Any self-locking hook that does not lock.
- Inoperative latch: Any damaged latch or malfunctioning latch that does not close the hook's throat.
- Thread wear, damage, or corrosion.
- Evidence of excessive heat exposure or unauthorized welding.
- Evidence of unauthorized alterations such as drilling, machining, grinding, or other modifications.
Hook Inspection Table