Petzl Helmet - Hi Vis STRATO Vent
Product No. A020DA00
Petzl Helmet - High-Visibility, Lightweight and Ventilated
Made in France, this Petzl helmet is very lightweight and comfortable, thanks to its CENTERFIT and FLIP&FIT systems, which guarantee that the helmet fits securely on the head. The adjustable-strength chinstrap makes it ideal for both work at height and on the ground. It has ventilation holes that allow airflow through the helmet.
With its potential for integration of a Petzl headlamp, hearing protection, and multiple accessories, it is an entirely modular helmet, thus responding to the specific additional needs of professionals. The high visibility version features a fluorescent outer shell with phosphorescent clips and reflective bands, for optimal visibility of the worker, day or night.
Full Features & Benefits of Petzl VERTEX VENT HelmetVERY COMFORTABLE:
- - two-part liner, EPP (expanded polypropylene) and EPS (expanded polystyrene) for reduced weight
- CENTERFIT feature allows perfect centering of the helmet on the head, thanks to its two side adjustment wheels
- FLIP&FIT system allows the headband to be positioned in a low position, guaranteeing that the helmet fits securely on the head. The system folds into the shell for easy storage and transportation
- comes with changeable absorbent comfort foam
- - DUAL chinstrap allows the worker to adjust chinstrap strength in order to adapt the helmet to different environments: work at height (EN 12492) or on the ground (EN 397). The clip has two positions, corresponding to these two uses: high strength, limiting the risk of losing the helmet during a fall, and low strength, limiting the risk of strangulation if the helmet is snagged while the user is on the ground
- shock absorption achieved through deformation of the liner
- ventilation holes allow airflow through the helmet
- fluorescent outer shell with phosphorescent clips and reflective bands, for optimal visibility of the worker, day or night
- - eye shield with EASYCLIP side attachment system for easy installation
- Petzl headlamp with mounts, or headlamp with elastic headband
- helmet protector keeps the shell free from soiling and paint splash
- nape protector provides effective sun and rain protection for the nape of the neck
- nametag holder allows user to be easily identified
- changeable chinstrap and foam
- hearing protection
- comes in two high-visibility versions: yellow and orange
- Head circumference: 53 – 63 cm
- Weight: 425g
- Material(s): ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), EPP (expanded polypropylene), EPS (expanded polystyrene), nylon, polycarbonate, high-strength polyester, polyethylene
- Certification(s): CE, EN 12492, ANSI Z89.1 Type I Class C
MORE ABOUT SAFETY HELMETS:
Petzl VERTEX VENT helmet complies to both EN397:2012 and EN12492:2012 standards. EN397 is a standard for helmets for industrial use while EN12492 for climbing and mountaineering helmets, meaning VERTEX VENT is ideal for both applications. To understand more about these two helmet standards, head over to the ''Resources'' section.
Type I helmets offer protection from blows to the top of the head
According to OSHA, a Class-C helmet complying with ANSI Z89.1-1969 specifications is acceptable on construction projects for protection against impact and penetration of falling and flying objects. Class C provides no protection for electrical hazards.
* Meets the requirements of the EN 397 and EN 12492 standards for impact protection. Satisfies optional requirements of the EN 397 standard concerning lateral deformation and use in cold temperatures.
Main requirement differences between EN 397 & EN 12492 standards
EN1492:2012 requires the total ventilation area of a helmet to be greater than 4cm2 that VERTEX VENT can meet when there is no obstruction of ventilation holes. With its shutters closed, its total ventilation area is less than 4.5cm2, complying to EN397:2012.
Shock Absorption Requirement:
Compliant to EN12492, the force transmitted to the headform should not exceed 10 kN for a drop height of 2m. EN397 states that this force has to be less than 5kN for a drop height of 1m in order to protect the head against falling objects.
Both standards state the same requirement. There should be no contact between the striker and the headform for a drop height of 1m.
EN397:2012 requires the helmet to stop burning 5 seconds after the flame is removed. VERTEX VENT fulfils it when shutters are closed. No such requirement is listed for EN12492.
Protection Against Molten Metal Splash:
While EN12492 does not include this requirement, VERTEX VENT which complies to EN397 allows no penetration of molten metal when the ventilation holes are closed.
The DUAL chinstrap of VERTEX VENT enables you to switch the strength of your chinstrap (>50kg or <25kg) to adapt the helmet to the hazards anticipated in your work environment - working at height or on the ground, making this helmet comply to EN12492 and EN 397 standards. Watch the video below to learn how to change the DUAL chinstrap.
- Working at height: EN 12492 requires a chinstrap strength setting greater than 50 kg to limit the risk of the helmet coming off in a fall. By switching the lock of the chinstrap to ''>50kg'' option, it can support a 50 kg force.
- Working on the ground: EN 397 requires a chinstrap strength setting less than 25 kg as helmets must have to be released in case of snagging at ground level to reduce the risk of strangulation if the helmet is snagged.
9 basic tips on how to properly inspect your helmets / hard hats.
Care and maintenance tips for your helmets [from Petzl].
It helps you to conduct regular inspections
Customers Also Bought
Petzl MICRO TRAXION PulleyRegular price $77.00 $94.71Unit price per
Petzl AVAO SIT FAST HarnessRegular price $200.00 $246.00Unit price per
Petzl PIXA 3 HeadlampRegular price $70.00 $86.10Unit price per
Petzl Helmet Nape ProtectorRegular price $17.00 $20.91Unit price per
Petzl VERTEX Hi Vis HelmetRegular price From $84.00 From $103.32Unit price per