Estwing Sportsman's Axe 32cm (With Shield)
ESTWING SPORTSMAN'S AXE 14'' - Right survival hatchet for campers and outdoorsman
Estwing has been a leader in striking tools since 1923, bringing world-class engineering together with high-quality materials and superior production to address the specific requirements of each and every tool.
The Estwing leather sportsman's axe is an American-made axe forged in one piece of the finest steel with a genuine leather grip and hand-sharpened cutting edge. Each axe comes with a heavy-duty ballistic nylon sheath for safe storage.
Thanks to its good size that can easily fit your backpack, the Estwing E14A Sportsmans Axe is versatile for chopping and splitting wood, setting up your tent by hitting pegs into the ground and for protection from unexpected wild animal attacks.
Features & Benefits
Built to Last
The head and handle are forged in a single solid piece for an added strength and durability without having to worry the head will fly off. The Estwing axe is also extremely durable to last for generations.
American-made steel is known as the proven leader in quality. The axe is quality tested to standards.
Genuine leather grip
Laminated leather washers are pressed on and riveted, providing a comfortable leather grip. The leather grips are lacquered for a beautiful finish that only leather has.
Black nylon sheath
It covers the head very securely for protection and safety to prevents any possible accidents when it is not in use. With an attachment point, it can easily clip to your belt.
Hand Sharpened Edge
- Cutting Edge: 7cm - E14A ; 8.2cm - E24A
- Overall Length: 31.75 cm(L) - E14A ; 34.3cm(L) - E24A
- Weight: 700g - E14A ; 750g - E24A
- Face: Smooth
- Grip: Leather
- Made in the U.S.A.
How Customers Use Estwing Sportsman's Axe 14
- Cutting/Chopping off small wood pieces with a diameter of a couple of inches
- Make a tripod to support the items you want to hold up: Chop at the end of the wooden stick to make it pointed for sticking into the ground.
- Create kindling: Split small chunks of wood to smaller pieces for a cooking fire
- Make feather sticks (a cluster of thin curls protruding from the wood): Allow damp wood to be used to start a fire when dry tinder is hard to find
- Set up a tent: With a flat surface on the end, it can act as a hammer to drive tent pegs into the ground for setting up a tent.
Estwing Sportsman Axe Review
If your looking for a solid, easy to handle axe for chopping kindling or logs for your burner, look no further. I am aware that there are other better quality wooden handled axes, hand forged in Sweden which are excellent but you cant get one of those axes for this price !!This is a well made, extremely sharp axe that comes with a leather sheath that you can if required attach to a belt.--MAT, UK
Estwing hammers and axes are now the only tools I will use as i have tried the rest and now will only settle for the best. The one piece construction and the quality of the build means that it never lets you down. The balance is sweet particularly in the 20 ounce range. Worth the extra cost over the £5 hammer with soft faces and axes that blunt within a few strikes.--des mc anally, UK
How to use an axe?
1. Place the wood that you are going to chop in the middle a chopping block that can be the base of a tree or a sturdy table.
2. Lower yourself onto one knee in front of the chopping block. This position can balance the body when you are swinging the axe. Generally, if you are a righty, your right knee should be on the ground. If not, your left knee should be on the ground.
3. When you are holding the axe with one hand, use the other hand to steady and position the wood.
4. Bend at the elbow to swing while keeping your wrist and hand straight. Target the same spot every time when chopping until you have cut the wood into pieces.
HOW IS AN AXE MADE?
Customers Also Bought
Estwing Rip Hammer (Smooth-Face)Regular price From €30.87 EURUnit price per
Estwing Sure Split WedgeRegular price €20.66 EURUnit price per
Estwing Framing Hammer (Smooth-Face)Regular price From €44.90 EURUnit price per
Estwing Fireside Friend Splitting ToolRegular price €43.05 EURUnit price per
Estwing Sportsman's Axe 32cm (With Shield)Regular price From €47.36 EURUnit price per
Estwing Drilling HammerRegular price €39.24 EURUnit price per